Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tablecloth or Runner?

It's really not quite either is it? But I still love it!
Mostly because its burlap and I have an obsession...


While returning a rug at Pottery Barn last week I saw these wide burlap table runners on display and also for sale in store, but unfortunately not on their website, so I can't share my inspiration. They were $39.00. They layered faux fishing nets on top and all sorts of nautical decor, think starfish. Of course it was an outdoor table dream come true. So I thought...I have an extra bit of burlap and I could throw that on top of my outside table!
So I did, and its not exactly wide enough for a tablecloth and a little too wide for a runner, but who makes the rules anyway? I think it looks good, and for something I picked up at the hardware store for another project, (seen here) I think it is just right. I might add a few new decor items on top if I find some while hunting at garage sales this spring.



The DIY Show Off


1 comment:

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

I like it! I think wide runners are fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails