Friday, March 19, 2010

Surprise visitor



One of my favorite things about owning a home for the first time, has been witnessing all the fun surprises that our first spring has brought us. The previous owners have left us a few little hidden jewels that I could not be more excited about, and this one takes the cake!
Remember a bit ago when I posted the photo of the unopened flowers that popped up in our newly finished "desert" themed section of our side patio? Well she opened up today!
I thought it must be a variety of tulip, but I have never seen one like her. So I did a quick search on the web for types of tulips, and right away the name of one caught my eye. A "Fringed Tulip" comes in many color varieties, but ours are a gorgeous hot orange/red with a dark black center & a bright yellow border. This flower practically looks like a burning flame, the little fringed ends are so delicate and spectacular. You can click on the images to see them larger, I hope you enjoy it, because it made my day!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails