Thursday, April 1, 2010

A little retail therapy

It's been all work and no play for the two of us. Don't get me wrong, no complaints here, but it's nice to have a bit of a break. Yesterday I went with the girls on a little shopping evening off. We stopped at Pottery Barn, (my known weakness is home decor items), while there drooling over the fab outdoor summer items and the lamps, I saw these adorable authentic Mexican hand painted cups and saucers.


I needed them immediately.
I love the way they look in our glass door cabinet above our bright yellow backsplash.


They reminded me of our trip we took to Mexico a few years ago when we got engaged. It was the best trip either of us had ever been on. The food was so good, our breakfast every morning started with fantastic Mexican coffee with milk, fresh sweet baked breads, eggs to order with salsa, avocado, and the fruit plates, yum! We really need to go back.
These adorable cups will hopefully be used on relaxing mornings at home to sip our coffee leisurely, as if we were on vacation. That should hold us over until we have the time to go back.
December 2007


I can't wait for a slow cup of Café in these little cuties.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails