Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fiesta cookies


We had ourselves a little Fiesta today, celebrating the finish of our bathroom and officially having our housewarming party. It was a great time, we enjoyed the sun, pool and hot tub with a group of our friends. I had decided long ago to not cook for the party and relax so to we had it catered, but I did want to do the dessert because well, that's my thing.

So I got some cute fiesta themed cookie cutters and went wild with them. I made a butter shortbread cookie dough, and iced them with poured fondant icing in pineapple and lime flavors. The little sombreros are my favorite :)







Good morning, I posted late last night and wanted to add these little treats to my cookie post. Here are a few of the wonderful housewarming presents we received. A couple of my very closest friends had a fab vacation in Mexico very recently and they picked up some authentic goodies for my kitchen, how perfect do they know me?
I just love these hand painted yellow Talavera spoon holder and napkin holder, and best of all I needed them!


Oh and how adorably cute are these hand embroidered pot holder gloves? They are almost too cute to use, but definitely worthy of me finding a spot to hang them for display. Thanks ladies!


Also a couple stopped by for a brief visit and a bite to eat, I wish they could have stayed longer but they brought over a great bottle for us to enjoy and this handmade gift that I will use in my art room. It is a handmade walnut wood stand that holds 10 inspirational cards that I can change out when I need a little encouragement. Right now I have it on "Create" on my craft table. What a great little gift!

2 comments:

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

Such adorable cookies!!! You have such a talent for yummy goodies. Now the real question is...why don't you live closer to me so you can stop teasing me?

Cheers~
e

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors said...

What a fun party!!! And the cookies...YUMMY, they look fantastic. Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails