Sunday, October 25, 2009

Outdoor dining set

We bought a 7 piece dining set that we plan to use for our outside patio. I found it on craigslist for a good deal, and it's a nice solid wood set but it needed some style. (We are not into golden oak)
So I decided to tackle my first real refinishing project. Rory told me what the steps would be, and a little advice from girls on the web for the proper paints to use....and I was off to Home Depot, a new home owners favorite place.

I sanded the whole set, and had removed the seats. I plan to reupholster those this week.

Before
The seat cushion material I ordered is Sunbrella outdoor fabric, it is waterproof and UV resistant.

Seagrass Green
(much lighter in person)



I have painted the whole set in one coat of flat black oil paint. Rory and I "distressed" the table and I can do the chairs tomorrow. The photos make the table look gray, but it will be black when it's done. The whole set will be finished with a semi-gloss clear coat.

After!





I'll post done pictures when I finish it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails