Thursday, May 7, 2009

Update on Baxters Condition

Hi guys, I just wanted to write that so far Baxter has not shown any bad signs of the poison ingestion.
He is a little depressed from the lack of activity. I did speak with the Vet yesterday and she said short leash walks are acceptable, but absolutely no play for a month. So he is able to go on walks, but he knows something is wrong, and he thinks he is being punished.

Other than that, we are so relieved that he is doing okay. We have heard horror stories about this kind of thing happening to local dogs and them not making it. :(
Rory and I thankfully saw him doing it and could get him to the Vet quickly and treat him. The poison is strong enough that if he digested a teaspoon and a half it would cause bleeding. Apparently the Vet who induced the vomiting on Baxter, said he threw up about 3/4 of a cup of it! So we are lucky he is okay.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails