Sunday, June 5, 2011

Yarn snob



Yep I am a total yarn snob. I have turned into a crazy knitter by the way. I love all the gorgeous wools, silks, alpaca, organic cottons and more that are available. I have recently fallen in love with a certain brand of Merino wool hand dyed yarn ( I know I have expensive taste) but the way I look at it is, if I am going to spend all this time knitting I might as well be doing it with quality stuff, or you could just buy a hat anywhere!
These yarns feel so soft and cuddly perfect for baby hats and adults! Mr. B requested a beanie shortly after I made my first few little ones.

Out of necessity I made myself a new tote for all of my balls of yarn, knitting needles and other "accoutrement" that I have been acquiring.
This was a free canvas bag my mom gave me two actually that she had never used.


I printed up the text in various sized and use my "window tracing technique" that I have been happy with in the past here.


The light blue pen is a disappearing embroidery pen that I initially trace with then I go over it with special fabric pens set with an iron, but sharpies can work too.


I just love sheep, and this is a special cartoon of a merino ram who is helping me spread that fact that I have become a total Yarn Snob! I crocheted a strap from some left over regular wool that I have had forever since its itchy and I can't use it for long wear garments. I finished off each side with an extra large button. The bag is nice and long and holds about 4 balls of yarn and my knitting needles.
Oh what's that peaking out of my new bag?


I ended up moving the strap to the sides to show off the design when "sporting" my bag.


This is the latest sleepy time night cap that I knitted up out of that softy merino wool. So soft. I'm obsessed.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Your crafts are just getting cuter and sweety by the minute. Love the
new use for the canvas bags! The furry
merino sheep you drew is adorable.

Related Posts with Thumbnails