Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Engine is Out!

Progress on the '55 has been made. Well I guess it's technically considered the dis-assembly part of this process but it's progression none the less.
The last update I made, Mr. B had removed mostly everything that could come off of the car, excluding the parts that make it a driving vehicle. He was still able to get it in and out of the garage by turning it on a driving it.
Well not anymore!

This Friday he and I removed the engine, transmission, drive shaft, and shifter. Well I watched as he removed the engine, but I did put together the engine hoist all by my myself!







Here is the engine still in place getting it ready to be removed.



There are a lot of hoses and bolts to remove first.




Here is a little video of the engine being removed.


All gone!



On to the next issue, the rust..and bondo removal & repair.


The floor is a bit holey here. Mr. B has some welding to do.


This morning I woke up at walked out to the garage, and saw him hard at work doing this at 7:30 am. I'm sure he was dreaming about it all night.





Much more to come!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails